With the pandemic of coronavirus, people are afraid to visit the doctor. They avoid going to hospitals since they will be exposed to lots of infections and mostly COVID-19. Science has brought up a new industry called “telemedicine.”
The patient can see the doctor without visiting the hospital. It is only by using video calls and explaining the symptoms to the doctor, or maybe provide the doctor with photos to further illustration. There are lots of benefits behind that, and they are as following:
• Easy access to healthcare: It is easy to consult a doctor through telemedicine because you do not have to be physically present in the clinic.
• Quality care: It has transformed healthcare by improving the quality of services rendered to patients with both mental and physical illnesses.
• Cost and convenience: Using telemedicine saves both time and money.
• Proper medical management: It makes remote patient monitoring easy for caregivers and family members.
• Reinforcing traditional healthcare: It does not replace traditional face-to-face healthcare, but instead complements it.
• Patient involvement in healthcare plan: It challenges you to be more involved in your health.
• Confidentiality: The secured technology can guarantee the privacy and confidentiality of information.