The spokesman for the Saudi Ministry of Health, Dr. Muhammad Al-Abd Al-Aali, confirmed, on Sunday, that no infection with the Coronavirus has been recorded among the pilgrims so far.
He continued, in statements during the first press conference for Hajj 1442 AH, that the total clinical capacity in all health centers in the Holy Sites reached 2,854 beds.
Al-Abdali said that the “Delta” mutated from Corona is worrying in the world, due to its rapid spread and its impact on the injured, and that Corona’s mutations need strict measures, and all health sectors in the holy sites are continuing to monitor and follow up on the safety of pilgrims.
For his part, the spokesman for the Saudi Ministry of Interior, Lt. Col. Talal Al-Shalhoub, said that all security agencies are ready to serve the pilgrims, indicating that sanctions await anyone who violates the Hajj regulations.
He also indicated that walking for pilgrims is not among the plans presented, as there are means of transportation that will transport pilgrims to the holy sites, and according to the approved protocol, walking from one site to another will not be allowed.
He pointed out that 147 violators were arrested who tried to infiltrate the holy sites without obtaining a Hajj permit.