A history researcher published a video clip showing a picture of the Prophet’s Mosque in Medina, which included historical information about the Haram al-Madani.
Researcher Fouad Al-Maghamsi explained that the image is a publication of the Medina Research and Studies Center (MRSC), and it contains the following information:
- The old building of the mosque contains 6 doors, they are: (Peace Gate, Bab Al-Siddiq, Bab al-Baqi, Bab Jibreel, Bab al-Rahma, and Bab al-Nisa), noting that Bab al-Baqi was introduced in 1408 AH.
- The Civilian Sanctuary includes 10 minarets; Two of them are centuries old.
- The mosque includes in the old building 171 domes, including the green dome, and in the Saudi expansion, there are 34 big domes.
- The mosque is surrounded on one of its sides by Baqi Al Gharqad, and on the opposite side of Al Baqi, the shed of Bani Saada.
- There are 3 mihrabs in the mosque: (the Prophet’s mihrab, the mihrab of Sulaymani, and the Ottoman mihrab, attributed to the venerable companion Othman bin Affan, may God be pleased with him).
- There is one pulpit in the Haram that was placed in the same place as the Prophet’s pulpit, and it is four centuries old.
- The sanctuary contains two pebbles, and the first to place the pebbles is the great companion Umar ibn al-Khattab, and the stone is the courtyard or space inside the mosque.
- The King Fahd Gate is parallel to the Abdul Majeed Gate, while King Saud Gate in the new expansion is parallel to the King Saud Gate in the old building, while the King Abdulaziz Gate was introduced in the first Saudi architecture.
- The historical cylinders inside the old building still retain their old signs, connotations and symbols.