The Houthi militia, the Iranian arm in Yemen, met with the UN envoy’s announcement of the start of consultations this week with all Yemeni parties to develop a plan and framework for a comprehensive political settlement, with a campaign of mobilization and alertness, in an indication that the war is proceeding.
Last week, the Houthi militia launched a mobilization campaign to mobilize to the fighting fronts, in conjunction with UN efforts to resume peace talks in Yemen.
Houthi media reported that the head of the so-called Supreme Political Council, Mahdi Al-Mashat, launched a campaign to “mobilize and mobilize” under the slogan “Yemen’s Hurricane”.
The campaign aims to mobilize the largest number of fighters to the battlefronts, in addition to mobilizing financial resources and raising funds for the militias’ war effort.
According to Houthi media, Al-Mashat directed the launch of the Yemen Cyclone campaign to mobilize at all levels to confront what they call “aggression”.
“This campaign will include all levels, official, popular and elite,” he said.
The Houthi mobilization campaign follows a Security Council session on Yemen on Tuesday, during which the UN envoy gave his briefing, hoping to stop the immediate escalation of fighting and start a comprehensive political process.
The delegates of the member states of the Security Council called on all parties to stop the escalation and active participation in a comprehensive peace process led by the UN.
This campaign would undermine the chances of success of the talks that the UN envoy said he will start next week with all Yemeni parties.
After the session, the Houthi militia played down the importance of talking in the papers of the UN and the Security Council about efforts to revive the stalled peace process.
Hussein Al-Ezzi, Deputy Foreign Minister of the Houthi government, which is not internationally recognized, indicated that addressing the humanitarian and economic aspect “represents the only gateway to serious and real peace in Yemen,” as he put it.