By : Marwa Mahmoud
The Arab alliance intercepted a Houthi drone fired from the Al-Jawf Province of Yemen to Saudi Arabia, state news agency SPA announced on Monday.
Coalition forces intercepted drones while they were still in Yemen’s airspace.
Col. Turki Al-Maliki, spokesperson for the Arab alliance, said that continued attempts by the militia would end in failure.
Earlier on Monday, the coalition declared that it had successfully destroyed three Houthi drones and intercepted over 24 hours of six ballistic missiles targeting Saudi Arabia.
Al-Maliki said that the missiles fired from Saada were targeting residential areas in Al-Jazan.
Al-Maliki added ,that the Houthi militia continues to breach the customary International Humanitarian Law by launching and intentionally targeting civilians and densely populated civilian areas with UAVs, risking the lives of hundreds of civilians in the process”
“He said the attacks were yet another” confirmation of the rejection of the ceasefire and de-escalation agreement declared by the Coalition on (April 9, 2020).
Houthi’s ceasefire violations had surpassed 5,000, Al-Maliki said in a series of attacks using different weapons.
He continued, “The Joint Forces Command of the Coalition aims to take all dissuasive steps against the Houthi terrorist group to neutralize and kill these capabilities rigorously and in compliance with the customary International Humanitarian Law.”
He denied Houthi ‘s assertion that the militia had launched a drone targeting Riyadh.
In recent years, Saudi Arabia has seen repeated assaults on drones and missiles fired by the Houthi rebels from the Kingdom’s southern border with Yemen.
Earlier, Saudi Arabia’s Military Industries said they were working on creating a new counter-drone program to secure the Kingdom’s crucial infrastructure and military bases.