The health benefits of apricots for humans are numerous, and they also help improve heart and digestive health.
The health benefits of apricots
Apricots are considered one of the most delicious fruits preferred by adults and children, especially during the blessed month of Ramadan. It is served in different ways: as juice, pudding, or as a scent for dry fruits.
Here are some of the health benefits of apricots:
– Apricots give the person a feeling of satiety for a more extended period due to the fibres
– It improves the functioning of the digestive system
– It helps fight constipation
– It helps to lower harmful cholesterol
– It improves heart and blood vessels health
– It helps to lower high blood pressure
– It contributes to maintaining eye health because it is rich in vitamin A and beta-carotenoids (these nutrients help reduce the chances of eyes contracting some diseases that may appear with age)
– It reduces the chances of developing some types of cancer because it contains a good amount of antioxidants
Apricots contain 50 calories per 100 grams and have many beneficial nutrients, such as phosphorous, fibre, water, calcium, vitamin C, vitamin A, potassium, etc. However, be careful: nutritionists advise avoiding dried apricots because of their high sugar, high calories, and carbohydrates, which can contribute to obesity and overweight.