The points below are the summarised measurements taking place in Saudi Arabia regarding the coronavirus pandemic to this date and are subject to changes:
- According to the Ministry of Health, just four Coronavirus vaccines have been approved in the Kingdom. They are AstraZeneca, Pfizer, Johnson & Johnson, and Moderna. Any newly approved vaccine will be announced via official channels.
- There are no restrictions on travel to and from airports and ports. All modes of public transport (taxis, buses, trains, and others) are permitted to operate at full capacity. Wearing a face mask in public places is mandatory.
- Gatherings must be limited to no more than 20 people.
- Many public places have implemented hygiene measures, including temperature check and hands sanitisers. People must show their health status on the Tawakkalna app before entering establishments.
- The Saudi authorities will keep plans under review depending on the virus and may implement localised lockdowns to detect infection clusters.
- People are encouraged to monitor announcements issued by the Saudi Ministry of Health for any updates.