The Saudi Health Ministry affirmed that every patient has rights that must be well observed and adhered to, in order to preserve his health.
It has defined general rights for each patient, within the basic principles that the medical team must adhere to, in hospitals that follow the Saudi Ministry of Health.
It warned the patient’s right through the following points:
- To know all the names and specializations of the medical team involved in the treatment.
- Inform him of the presence of licensed trainees or researchers in the medical team treating him.
- Avoidance of unrelated persons during the medical examination.
- The importance of explaining the patient’s medical condition in the language he understands, as well as providing an interpreter in case the doctor does not speak the patient’s language.
- Emphasize the health practitioner’s question about washing his hands to avoid any possibility of infection.
- The importance of informing the patient about the side effects of medications and possible alternatives, as well as knowing the proposed treatment procedures or measures.
Also there are some simple methods to prevent the spread of Covid-19 in the workplace according to the health ministry.
Initiating some precautions may be important even with no infection in your workplace. Some simple measures may help prevent infection from spreading in the workplace, reduce absence days due to illness, and slow the spread of infection.
Sanitary procedures and cleanliness of workplaces:
Desktops, phones, and keyboards need to be constantly cleaned and sterilized because surface contamination which is touches by staff and customers is one of the main ways in which Covid-19 is spread.
Promote and encourage regular hand washing by employees and clients:
- Place hand sanitizers in prominent places of the workplace.
- Assure the regular filling of sterilizer dispensers
- Assure that soap and washbasins are available for frequent hand washing, as washing kills the virus on the hands, and prevents Covid-19 from spreading.
- Display info stickers inside the workplace that illustrate the correct way to wash hands.
Rising respiratory protective measures:
Assure the availability of masks for those who have symptoms of a runny nose, and go to the nearest health facility for a checkup and doing what is necessary.
Display info stickers inside the workplace on sneezing etiquette that helps reduce the prevalence of Covid-19.
For travel, advise your employees before embarking on traveling:
Assessing the necessity of travel
Avoid sending staff on business trips to areas where Covid-19 is prevalent, especially those who may be at greater risk of getting a serious disease (such as older employees, and those with medical conditions such as diabetes, heart and lung diseases)
In case of urgent need to send employees on business trips, they need to be educated and aware of how to take precautionary measures of Covid-19 infection.
Staff Safety Procedures:
The employee needs to stay at home (or work from home) if he has a mild cough or low-grade fever (37.3 ° C or more).
The employee needs to stay at home (or work from home) if he uses certain medicines such as paracetamol/acetaminophen, ibuprofen or aspirin, which may hide symptoms of infection.
Continue to provide awareness through the communication channels used in the workplace.
In cases they need to stay at home (or work from home) if they have only mild symptoms of Covid-19.